The name of Haryana instantly conjures up the image of a State which astonishingly combines both-antiquity and plenty. The Vedic land of Haryana has been a cradle of Indian culture and civilization. Indian traditions regard this region as the matrix of creation of northern altar’
where Brahma performed the pristine sacrifice and created the universe.
This theory of creation has been confirmed to a large extent by archaeological investigations carried out by Guy E. Pilgrim in 1915, who has established that 15 million years ago, early man lived in the Haryana Shivaliks.
The Vamana Purana states that King Kuru ploughed the field of Kurukshetra with a golden ploughshare drawn by the Nandi of Lord Shiva and reclaimed an area of seven Kosas. Replete with myths, legends and vedic references, Haryana’s past is steeped in glory. It was on this soil that saint Ved Vyas wrote Mahabharata.
It was here, 5,000 long years ago that Lord Krishna preached the gospel of duty to Arjuna at the on set of the great battle of Mahabharata:”Your right is to do your duty and not to bother about the fruits (Outcome) thereof !” Since then, this philosophy of the supremacy of duty has become a beacon to succeeding generations
- Watch Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha On This OTT Platform!
- Bigg Boss 16 Nimrit Kaur Alhuwalia-Shalin Bhanot competed for captainship
- Apple Music reaches 100 million songs on the platform
- DElEd exam results released, 4295 passed across the state, and 7024 student-teachers re-appear
- MC Stan fight with Shiv became so big, which soon turned ugly with the use of filthy language