Ever since the pandemic and spending a whole year inside, a lot of people are finding it harder to make small talk—especially when it comes to dating. When it comes to starting a conversation with someone you can see yourself in a relationship with, it can be tricky thinking of questions to ask a girl.
Some guys will think flirty questions to ask a girl will keep the conversation romantic and edgy, but others may prefer funny questions to ask a girl so they will think they’re fun. While this list of questions to ask a girl can be helpful, you’ll also want to be mindful that what you talk about depends on the context of the conversation as a whole.
To inspire you with ideas whether it’s your first date or fiftieth, we’ve compiled a list of the best questions to ask a girl. From interesting questions about life to romantic questions, explore these topics to ask a girl you like to keep the conversation going!
Questions to Ask a Girl About Life
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
2. Is there a book you could read over and over again without ever growing tired of it?
3. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
4. What’s your favourite joke?
5. If you had one day left to live, what would you do first?
6. What has happened to you that made you a stronger person?
7. Where is one place you feel most like yourself?
8. What’s your favourite season?
9. What do you like most about yourself?
10. What is your astrological sign?
11. What TV show are you binging right now?
12. Who do you think has had the biggest impact on the person you are today?
13. How do you decompress after a stressful day?
14. What was the last movie you saw in theatres?
15. What’s your favourite phrase?
16. Do you have any mantras you tell yourself in the morning?
17. Have you broken any bones?
18. What’s something you couldn’t live without?
19. What decade do you feel like you most belong in?
20. What’s your favourite type of food?
21. If you had the day off from work today, what would you do?
22. What was the last thing that made you laugh?
23. What’s one thing you would say that makes you distinctive from other people?
24. Who is the smartest person you’ve ever met?
25. Do you prefer crosswords or word searches?
Questions to Ask a Girl About Family
26. Who are you closest to in your family? Why?
27. Does your family have any nicknames for you?
28. Which TV family reminds you the most of your own?
29. If you had to cut off all communication with one of your close family members for five years, who would it be and why?
30. Do you have any siblings?
31. Are you close to your cousins?
32. What’s the most immature thing your parents do?
33. What’s the weirdest tradition your family has?
34. Would you be willing to break the law to rescue your family member?
35. Which three words would your family use to describe you?
36. How many family homes have you had?
37. Who’s the quirkiest person in your family?
38. What’s your most memorable family vacation?
39. Are you close to your family?
40. What was your favourite childhood meal?
41. Do you always take your parents’ advice?
42. How do you think your parents would describe you as a child?
43. What are the most encouraging words your parents have ever spoken to you?
44. What was the weirdest punishment your parents gave you when you were growing up?
45. How close is too close when it comes to living with your parents?
46. What does your dad do for a living?
47. Does your family usually eat dinner together?
48. Who do you think you take most after? Your mom or your dad?
49. Can you share some of your best childhood memories with me?
50. What do you love the most about your family and why?
Questions to Ask a Girl About Work
51. When you were growing up, what did you think you were going to be when you were an adult?
52. What’s your dream job?
53. Are you friends with your co-workers?
54. What is your favourite part of your job?
55. What do you do at work on a daily basis?
56. What do you like most about your job?
57. Is there anything you would change?
58. What was your first job?
59. How do you make decisions at work? What is your process?
60. What is the culture like at your company?
61. What mistakes did you make early in your career?
62. What skills have you found vital to your job?
63. What have been your biggest job successes?
64. What drew you to this particular field?
65. Did you go to college?
66. Would you rather go to work early and get out early, or go to work late and get out late?
67. What’s more valuable? Education or experience?
68. How do you maintain a work-life balance?
69. Do you have a 5-year plan?
70. Would you ever date a boss?
71. Where do you see the industry going in the future?
72. Do you have any good interviewing tips?
73. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
74. Have you ever dated a coworker?
75. Have you had any weird or unusual jobs
Questions to Ask Girls About Her Goals
76. What is your biggest goal in life?
78. What are you the most passionate about?
79. What do you do when you feel low in motivation?
80. Do you have any favourite TED Talks?
81. What do you do when you feel like you’re not meeting your goals quick enough?
82. What is the greatest struggle you’ve had to overcome?
83. Why do we strive for perfection if it is not attainable?
84. What makes you feel accomplished?
85. What jobs exist because people are selfish?
86. What’s on your bucket list this year?
87. What motivates you to work hard?
88. Are you the type of person who can easily wake up first thing in the morning or do you need multiple alarms?
89. If you could have a house in any country, where would you buy it?
90. What would you do if you won the lottery?
91. What has been your biggest accomplishment?
92. What is something you think you will regret in the future not starting now and what is something you already regret not starting sooner?
93. What’s the biggest lesson life has taught you?
94. If money wasn’t an issue, what kind of business would you open up?
95. Do you live life in the fast lane or do you tend to do things at a slower pace?
96. Could you date someone who was complacent?
97. What’s your biggest hurdle?
98. Who has been your biggest influence in life?
99. Is there someone whose career you’d love to emulate?
100. Is there a quote that motivates you?
Questions to Ask Girls About Hobbies
101. Do you collect anything?
102. Do you like to cook?
103. Where did you learn your favourite hobby?
104. Did you play sports as a kid?
105. Do you ever want to travel the world? Where would you go?
106. What hobby do you think is vastly underrated?
107. Would you ever take up taxidermy?
108. If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
109. If you could bring to life any idea for an invention what would you make?
110. What book are you surprised hasn’t been made into a movie yet?
111. What TV show should they put on Netflix?
112. Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons?
113. What’s your favourite card game?
114. Do you have any hidden talents?
115. What pictures or paintings have had a big impact on you?
116. What fictional character are you most similar to?
117. What’s one thing you’d love to learn more about?
118. What is something you’ve never done that you’ve always wanted to do?
119. Why haven’t you done it?
120. What’s your favourite movie?
121. What is one sport that you would try?
122. Do you like any outdoor activities?
123. What’s your favourite sport to watch?
124. Do you actually watch the Super Bowl or are you just in it for the commercials?
125. What is your favourite childhood board game?
Personal Questions to Ask a Girl
126. What were you like as a kid?
127. What’s one thing you’re scared to ask a guy, but really want to?
128. Have you ever broken any laws? If yes, did you get caught?
129. Do you want kids of your own?
130. What is your favourite memory?
131. Are you a spender or a saver?
132. What’s one of the first memories you can recall?
133. What is the most bizarre dream you remember having recently?
134. What’s one thing that’s happened to you that made you feel weak?
135. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
136. Do you easily accept compliments?
137. What’s the last thing that REALLY embarrassed you?
138. Do you have any regrets? What’s your biggest one?
139. Who do you wish you could trade lives with?
140. Is having a big ego a negative or positive trait?
141. If you could go back to any age or time of your life, what age or time would it be?
142. What’s something you believe in that not everyone else does?
143. What was one time you really stepped out of your comfort zone?
144. What did you think was silly until you tried it?
145. If the world was ending, what would you do today?
146. If you could choose to never do one single chore again for the rest of your life with no consequences, which would you choose?
147. What is one thing you feel your life is missing?
148. How seriously do you take horoscopes?
149. What is your favourite physical attribute about yourself?
150. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Funny Questions to Ask a Girl
151. What colour pen do you prefer writing in?
152. If Hogwarts existed and your child received a letter, would you let them go?
153. Where do you stand in the pineapple on pizza debate?
154. What’s one show, movie, or book, you’re embarrassed to admit you enjoy?
155. Which emojis do you use the most?
156. What’s the weirdest app you have on your phone?
157. Are you more of a romantic comedy or action-packed blockbuster type of person?
158. What childhood cartoon do you still like to watch?
159. Would you rather be fluent in all languages or be a master at every instrument?
160. Did you have a favourite fairy tale growing up?
161. If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why?
162. If you worked at a circus, what job would you like to have?
163. Which song lyric speaks to you the most?
164. What’s the worst time period that you could possibly travel back to?
165. What television or movie character do you feel a close connection with?
167. If past lives existed, what do you think yours was?
168. Would you rather explore space or the deep sea?
169. If you had to choose between having a horn or tail, what would you choose?
170. Would you rather live in a world full of magic or a world full of superheroes and villains?
171. Would you rather have your farts smell like roses or spoiled milk?
172. If you could pick a new first name, what would you choose?
173. Which food would you rather smell like for the rest of your life?
174. If animals were to make documentaries about humans, what are some of the weird things they’d show?
175. If you lost your speech and could only choose an animal sound to communicate, what animal would it be?
176. How does our hair know when to stop growing?
177. Tell me what you think your dog thinks about you?
178. What’s the first thing you’d do in zero gravity?
179. Do you think sleeping should be added as a hobby on your resume?
180. How well would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
181. Have you ever gone a day without wearing underwear?
182. Who was your first ever crush?
183. Do you think aliens really exist?
184. Have you ever driven someone else’s car without first getting permission?
185. Do you know how to fold a fitted sheet?
186. What’s your least favourite planet?
187. If you were a dog, which breed would you want to be?
188. If you could ask the president one super silly question, what would you like to ask?
189. What soap do you dislike the most and why?
190. What’s the sexiest name you’ve ever heard?
191. Which song lyric speaks to you the most?
192. Where would you like to time travel: back to the past or to the future?
193. If you could choose any animated character as your character, who would it be?
194. Tell me about the weirdest relationship you have had.
195. Have you ever met your doppelgänger?
196. Do you like your eggs to be plastic and filled with chocolate or to be real, hard-boiled eggs that you can actually peel and eat later?
197. If you could have dinner with any five influential people from history, who would they be?
198. What is the weirdest food combination people eat that you just can’t stand?
199. Would you label your farts as the ‘loud and proud’ type or the ‘silent but deadly type?
200. Do you secretly bring home stuff like tiny bottles of the shampoo out of a hotel room?
Fun Questions to Ask a Girl
201. What is your favourite candle scent to light when you’re home?
202. What kind of photos dominates your Instagram feed?
203. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
204. Which cancelled TV series do you wish they would bring back for just one more season?
205. Who is the most famous celebrity you have ever met in person?
206. Would you rather spend the night playing video games or board games?
207. What fashion trend would you bring back?
208. Do you ever cry while watching a sad movie?
209. Do you think penguins have knees?
210. What sport do you think is the most boring watch?
211. What is the strangest Amazon purchase you’ve made?
212. What would peanut butter be named if it wasn’t called peanut butter?
213. If you could become any mythical creature, what would it be and why?
214. What would your stage name be if you became famous?
215. What’s your most treasured possession?
216. What’s your favourite conspiracy theory?
217. Why is it that round pizzas come in square boxes?
218. Which one of your friends totally reminds you of a character in a TV show or movie?
219. What would you do if you only had 24 hours to live?
220. Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal?
221. What’s the craziest drunken experience you’ve had?
222. Do mermaids have live babies or lay eggs?
223. What’s the most creative insult you can think of?
224. Have you created a rumour about yourself just so people will talk about you?
225. Between Spiderman and Batman, who do you think would win?
Romantic Questions to Ask a Girl
226. Do you believe in soulmates?
227. Have you ever been in love? How many times?
228. Do you believe in love at first sight?
229. What does vulnerability mean to you?
230. Do you know your love language?
231. Which romantic gesture do you believe is overrated?
232. What’s your biggest relationship red flag?
233. When was the last time you gave someone a second chance?
234. Do you consider yourself a romantic or a sceptic?
235. What is the kindest thing a partner has ever done for you?
236. What’s your biggest turn-on?
237. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
238. What song would you love to hear on your wedding day?
239. Do you believe that love can make people overcome their differences?
240. What about me first attracted you?
241. What is the most romantic proposal story you have ever heard?
242. What is one thing you absolutely won’t compromise for a relationship?
243. What do you want emotionally from a partner?
244. What would make you leave someone you love?
245. Is there anything about our relationship that makes you feel lonely or unloved?
246. What is something you wish more people knew about you?
247. Which person never fails to put a smile on your face?
248. What does commitment mean to you?
249. What does forever mean to you?
250. What’s the most romantic date you can think of?