Your phone rings. The notification gives away the app. It’s tinder seducing you with the latest match for you.
You quickly comply because it’s not often that the stars align for you like this. After all, the last person you matched with was a couple of months ago. And that didn’t end well, did it?
We’re ever the optimists.
She’s sweet, is passionate about her work, and has a soft spot for your favourite TV show as well. The conversations are endless, it almost seems like you both would never run out of conversations.
Boy were you wrong. It’s been a week, and she’s not responded to any of your texts yet. You tried your best to not impose yourself, to be honest and sincere with them. And they reassured you that they appreciate your efforts.
You went ahead and told them how you’re not a fan of ghosting people, they even nodded in virtual agreement. But somehow you’re left with yet another potential love interest’s number, seemingly stuck in relationship purgatory.
So do you delete their number?
Naw. Her ghosting you just made her all the more sexier, haina?
Here are 6 reasons why why us men are suckers for women who ghost us:
1. Because we have all the time in the world – It’s not like we’ve goals and aspirations in life. It’s not like we’ve ever been clear and up front about our expectations from the beginning. It’s not like being ghosted makes us feel like a waste of time. How does any of that stuff matter right?
2. Humare Emotion Ki Koi Value Hi Nahi Hai – Emotions? Kaunse emotions? We’re guys, we’re not expected to have an emotional bandwidth at all. Take all those feelings and chuck it in a bin for biohazard contents. After all agar koi ghost karta hai toh you just deal with it. Don’t complain.
3. We love the chase? – Apparently we’ve taken the mandate for chasing everything in life, especially romantic interests who are more indecisive than most modern day politicians. It’s our inheritance after all. We’re tasked with the perennial responsibility to chase-chase-chase. Even if the girl ghosted you, they’d often have the audacity to say that we didn’t want them (chase them) enough? Aisa lagta hai chase karne ka theka sirf ladkon le rakha hai.
4. Maangi Honesty, Mila Dhoka – Listen, when she asks you about anything, be honest. Give it your all. Even if you get ghosted eventually, It’s all right. They love a guy who’s sincere and up front… in theory.
5. Kyunki Boring Hone Ka Haq Sirf Unka Hai – Guys, repeat after me. You shall NEVER be boring. Because being boring is a cardinal sin in the dating world. Since we’re their chosen class clown, you are solely responsible for keeping things fun and entertaining. We love it when our romantic interests ghost us because we got tired and exhausted being their one person carnival.
6. Dost Se Ghost -With all the talks of sincerity and feelings that you’d shared with them, you’d half expect them to be respectful enough to not ghost you. After all, if nothing else you can at least be friends with them right? That’s where you’re wrong buddy. They can veer in and out into your life like the remnants of a haunted spirit, as and when they feel like. Healthy boundaries are too overrated, babes
Even if this match abandons ship without any heads up, don’t fret too much. There’s always another potential romantic interest waiting for her chance to ghost you like you deserve to. So just suck it up, boys.
*Views and opinions are written in humour*