Dhanteras 2023 is just around the corner, marking the start of festivities like Diwali and Bhai Dooj, along with the onset of the wedding season in India.
Celebrated on November 10 this year, Dhanteras is a day when people traditionally invest in items believed to bring luck and prosperity.
Legend has it that Goddess Lakshmi emerged during Samudra Manthan or the churning of the sea. To make the most of this auspicious day, consider these purchases:
- Utensils: Opt for brass, copper, or silver utensils. Avoid steel or iron, and remember to fill them with food or water before bringing them home.
- Broom: Surprisingly, buying a broom is considered lucky as it symbolizes clearing away financial worries from your home.
- Electronic items: Investing in electronic items like phones, laptops, or music players is considered auspicious on Dhanteras.
- Gomti Chakra: A rare sea snail found in the Gomti River, Gomti Chakra is considered sacred. It’s believed to bring success and protect against the evil eye.
- Business-related endeavors: If you’re planning to start a new business, shop, or office, Dhanteras is considered an auspicious day. Many open new ventures on this day and perform Lakshmi puja for good luck.
- Gold and silver: For those who can afford it, purchasing gold or silver items, including coins, is believed to bring prosperity and financial stability.
While making purchases, avoid buying sharp objects like knives, scissors, or pins. Stay away from ceramics, glass, and be cautious about the quality of items like ghee for oil lamps.
Avoid anything in black or made of plastic, as these are believed to ward off luck and invite negativity.
Wishing you a Happy Dhanteras and a joyous month of festivities!